Most societies are affected by the psychosocial and economic problems but among the chosen ones are the Rural Communities, Slums, Refugee resettlement camps and formerly war affected regions. The project sites were carefully selected taking into account regional variations, magnitude of the problem and proximity of the existing church planter and children’s ministry programs. The Project has succeeded the pilot trial conducted in Mukono which has paved the way for replicating.
To contribute to the improvement of young people’s lives through community based Education in response to sustainable skills.
- Overall Objective: To empower both in and out of school youths with Vocational Skills and moving them from the relief mentality and unemployment to self-reliance. Breaking the York of vulnerability and having good working conducive environment to enable them obtain a successfully/desirable life so as to eradicate poverty in Uganda.
- Project Objectives
- To advocate and mainstream vocational training skills with other trainings including church planting and children’s ministry.
- To reduce vulnerability and dependency among the young people by 20% in rural community of our project catchments.
- To mobilize and sensitize over 50,000 youths in Kampala and Needy areas.
- To reduce the problem of unemployment by 10% of the youths.
- To provide 40% of Counseling and Guidance services to youths on psychosocial and economic issues.
(a) Direct Beneficiaries:
The project is aiming at addressing youth sustainable skills and empowerment which are aimed at enabling them to access basic reliable skills through training workshops, counseling and promote positive behaviors. Currently, young people country-wide are so vulnerable to many dangers in the country in regard to politics and poverty. This will help intensify efforts and services to young people affected with psychosocial and Economic factors.
(b) Indirect Beneficiaries:
The project will also benefit men, women/widows based in project areas and their neighbors. This will aim at scaling up vocational training awareness among community people. The rural community some times are money minded especially men of which has turned to be the major challenge. This will help lessen the increased vulnerability in various communities in project areas.